Dr. Watt and their skilled team offer the leading non-surgical treatments in Tampa Bay. Radiesse is one of the many fillers we recommend for the treatment of fine lines, wrinkles and volume loss. Learn more about the benefits of Radiesse below.
What Is Radiesse?
Radiesse is a small, injectable dermal filler. It’s used to minimize the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and lost volume in the back of the hands.
The Radiesse formula consists of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHa) microspheres in an aqueous gel carrier. It works as a collagen stimulator, increasing your skin’s natural process of creating collagen. Collagen production declines as we age, which can lead to thin, wrinkles, and uneven skin.
Improvement of the appearance of your skin will be visible immediately after treatment. However, Radiesse also continues to work with the fibroblasts beneath the skin’s surface after injection. This leads to consistent, lasting collagen production to restore volume to aging skin. As fine lines and wrinkles are filled in with collagen, they’ll become significantly less noticeable.
As time passes after treatment, the Radiesse formula is naturally metabolized by the body. It’s non-toxic and safe for your body to absorb.
What Can Radiesse Be Used For?
Radiesse can be used to improve the appearance of skin in the lower face and hands.
In the hands, Radiesse can restore lost volume due to aging and minimize the appearance of tendons and veins.
In the lower face, Radiesse can reduce the appearance of:
- Nasolabial folds (also called “smile lines”)
- Pre-jowl folds
- Marionette lines
- Corners of the mouth
- Chin wrinkles
What Are the Benefits of Radiesse?
Radiesse offers multiple benefits as a cosmetic treatment, including:
- Collagen growth stimulation that continues long after the time of injection for results that last a year or more
- Results that are visible immediately after treatment, with full improvement being visible just a week after treatment
- Natural, non-artificial results for more youthful-looking skin
- Fast treatment process, which typically can be completed in just 15 minutes, and no downtime
- Formula that’s non-toxic, non-allergenic, and made without animal products
Radiesse is an effective treatment option for women and men struggling with lost volume in the lower face and hands. Contact Watt Plastic Surgery today to learn if Radiesse treatment is right for you.